Sunday, September 04, 2016

{Oriental Trading} Wishlist!

I don't know about you but I think Oriental Trading has become just as awesome for teachers as it is for planning the most thematic party ever. Over the years of teaching I would head to their website and type in whatever the theme was that I was planning around in my pre-school classroom. This would lead me to great ideas for dramatic play, cool manipulatives to use, and my favorite-- planning really cool sensory tables.

Now they have more and more teaching supplies with a section to browse on their website just for teachers. I've been looking around their website a lot over the summer as I've been preparing to enter a new district, new school, and new grade level. I knew there would be some materials I would need to add and sure enough, now that I've had the opportunity to see what's in my room I know exactly what I still need or what I would benefit from.

I created a wish list on Oriental Trading of what materials I think would be awesome to have in my classroom. I wanted to share my list with you so you could see what awesome teacher resources they have! Some of these items may seem questionable so I also want to explain to you how I'd use them in my classroom if I had them.


Here's my first screen shot of my wishlist. I LOVE mini erasers. I think we all do. They make awesome manipulatives to use for counting or even matching. And now that I'm teaching a K/1st classroom and planning literacy and math centers I can see myself using these even more. I added these two to my wish list for planning ahead. Light bulb erasers can be found here and tooth erasers here.

The shape matching cupcakes are awesome for work box/task box activities if you do those in your classroom. I also decided to put some work dividers on my wish list. It's easy for students on the spectrum to be distracted by other stimuli around them so I thought it would be great to have these handy if a student needs help to cut out distractions.

Pattern blocks are definitely on my wish list for this school year. The classroom I just moved into doesn't have any. There are so many awesome ways to use pattern blocks at all grade levels. I'm most looking forward to using them in a literacy center for students to make letters out of. I found some awesome letter mats on TpT. I also thought the puzzle piece manipulatives were great building/fine motor practice.


To go along with the pattern blocks, I also added these activity pages to my wish list. Oriental trading is also carries some awesome classroom specific supplies, like the number pocket chart I found. What an awesome visual to talk about numbers with. I think this will be great to add to our math board. AND I can't go without colored masking tape in my classroom. I use it on the tables to divide out work space and it's nice to have it in all the colors so I can keep up with our color coded work areas/tables. It helps make things more concrete for the students if the lines on the yellow table are actually in yellow! :)

And last but not least I couldn't help but add these colored ducks. They have the color words on them and will be great to add to a sensory table with colored pasta. I find so many supplies for my themed sensory tables from Oriental Trading and students love the ducks.

I didn't even touch on all the awesome bins/containers that they offer too! Great prices for bins for organizing materials in the room. I know I'll be making multiple purchases from them throughout the school year.

You can see my actual wish list {here} and also head there to start making your own!

*Disclaimer: I am being sent products to use in my classroom in exchange for this post.



SHARE:

No comments

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig